[osg-users] Cygwin/Ming plugin names

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 05:52:18 PDT 2007

Hi Cygwin/ming users,

One open end on the Cygwin/Mingw I haved yet seen explain with enough
clarity is the situation with build and runtime load of plugins under
Cygwin and Mingw.  Does this currently work under Cmake build?  If not
what issues do you see?

Originally the old GNUmakefile build system used build cygwin plugins
with a cyg prefix, and mingw with a lib prefix, and src/Registry.cpp
reflected this.  This odditity was done by Cygwin/Mingw OSG
contributors I believe to be more in keeping with the Cygwin/Mingw
"way" of doing things.

With the present CMake build system I'm not away of any prefix hacks
for Cygwin or Mingw, but having not seen either build first hand and
only had somewhat imprecise emails over the months to go on I really
don't know what is happening.

My guess is that its build plugins like on other platforms - that is
without the lib or cyg prefix.  If this is the case then we need to
modify Registry.cpp to reflect this.  I have done this and the change
is attached.  Could Cygwin and Mingw users please do a build and see
how you get on.

Please engage on this issue otherwise 2.2 will go out broken on Cygwin/Mingw.