[osg-users] Windows definition of OSG_SOCKET_LIBS

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 03:30:30 PDT 2007

Hi All,

In tracking down compile problems under various platforms I can across
one email suggest using linking against wsock rather than wsock.lib
under Cygwin to allow the .net plugin to compile against libwsock.a,
so something along those lines.  No patch to the OSG has been forth
coming in this direction so I don't know of any actual reslution to
this issue so once again I have to ask for feedback to get this
resolution.

It seems to be that it may well be safe to change the line in
OpenSceneGraph/CMakeLists.txt :

    SET (OSG_SOCKET_LIBS wsock32.lib)

    SET (OSG_SOCKET_LIBS wsock32)

And hopefully this will work under VS, Mingw and various combinations
of Cygwin.  Attached is a modified OpenSceneGraph/CMakeLists.txt file.
 Could Visual Studio, Mingw and Cygwin users try this out and see if
things compile fine, is so I'll go ahead and commit this change.

Cheers,