[osg-users] osgUtil::PolytopeIntersector finding the closest intersection

Michele Bosi michele.bosi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:47:46 PDT 2007

Hi all,
my program needs to select some lines, since
osgViewer->computeIntersections is unable to pick lines I switched to
osgUtil::PolytopeIntersector which is able to do so. Unfortunately
PolytopeIntersector seems unable to tell me the intersection
points/lines from which I would determine the closest object that I
actually picked (among all the other that intersect the picking
volume). Am I missing something? hope so.

To sum up, is there a way to determine the closest object picked by a
osgUtil::PolytopeIntersector (actually not the closest object but the
one which has the closest intersection)? Or, are there other ways to
pick a line object?

Regards,
Michele